Will It Pass Go? Dog Eats Monopoly Dog Token

dog swallowed Monopoly dog

A dog — could it have been a Scottish Terrier? — was pretty choosy about the Monopoly game token he or she decided to swallow. The car, hat, boot, wheelbarrow, thimble, cat or battleship apparently just wouldn’t do.

Nope, the dog ate Scottie, the dog token.

“Dog came to the vet today for swallowing a Monopoly piece,” wrote brainyblond on Reddit. An X-ray clearly shows the little metal dog inside the real dog.

If the X-ray is real and not Photoshopped, here’s hoping the token will “pass Go,” if you catch my drift, and both dogs will be fine.

Coincidentally, Hasbro announced last week that it’s replacing three Monopoly tokens. Getting the boot are the boot and thimble (which have been around since 1935) and the wheelbarrow (around since the 1950s).

The decision was made by 4.3 million Monopoly fans who voted online for their favorite existing and possible new tokens. “I imagine that the thimble, boot, and wheelbarrow tokens don’t resonate as much with today’s fans,” Jonathan Berkowitz, senior vice president of marketing for Hasbro Gaming, told CNN.

But the Scottie dog sure does, and is safe for now! The new tokens will be a T-Rex, rubber ducky and penguin.

Is the Dog Pregnant?

As Mashable noted, there were some pretty amusing reactions to the dog’s X-ray.

Comments about dog that swallowed Monopoly dog

Photo via Imgur.com

Laura Goldman

I am a freelance writer and lifelong dog lover. For five years, I was a staff writer for i Love Dogs. When that site shut down, I started this blog...because I STILL Love Dogs!